Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's snowing in Syracuse

The first thing my dad asked when we told him we were in Syracuse, was if it was snowing....well it wasn't then, but it sure is now. Good thing we weren't flying out today, as we are hearing of numerous flight delays.
We spoke with K, our Ukraine facilitator this morning. He was not very happy, and I'm also not happy at this point, but I keep reminding myself"the joy of the Lord is my strength" and I know He will make all things right. With the new flight plans we are going to miss our appt with the SDA(State Dept of Adoptions). This isn't just any appointment, this one we have waited for 1-1/2 years for and unlike rescheduling a dr's appt. these are not so easy. I had to email him the documents verifying our flight cancellation as well as the flight delay. He will not know until probably tomorrow when our new date will be.
As it stands now, we will fly from here to JFK at 6:30am tomorrow and leave JFK for Kiev at 7:25pm. We will not arrive in Kiev until Friday, which is the day after our schedule appt.
D & T are already getting fidigety, so we will probably go catch a movie today and wait.

No comments: