Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Good News....

God is soooo faithful. The bible says we will have trials and tribulations, but with Him we will overcome them all. That is so true, I have to keep reminding myself of all the times He has definitely come through for us.
I received an email from K in Ukraine. I had asked him to go to the SDA and see if they would see us on Friday after our plane landed. He said they do not see families on Fridays, and even so they do not process the neccessary paperwork we need on the same day. Generally, it is the next business day, which would be Monday. I told him I would pray that he walk in God's favor and grace. Faith is what we know God has promised, not what we see with our eyes, so I began Psalm 103, "Bless the Lord o my soul and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, o my soul and forget not all your benefits. You forgive all my iniquities, you heal all my diseases, you redeem my life from destruction. You fill me with lovingkindness and tender mercies." Granted, I said it out loud as I was getting ready to go online and get the flight cancellation/delay info for K. Before I left the room, I refreshed my email...and there was an email from K. He said God certainly blessed him and opened doors for him. Our appt has been rescheduled to whenever we arrive there straight from the airport, and all indications are that we will have our paperwork in order the same day so we can travel to the region on Friday night. Praise God for His faithfulness.
Anyhow, here we were with a whole day to spend in Syracuse, NY. We decided to go to the movies at the mall. This isn't just any mall...they are construction a mini-city here called.....
DESTINY, USA. The mall is called the carousel mall, and 2 whole floors of the mall are dedicated to the Destiny project. It is supposed to rival the Mall of America, except they are building it 'green'. There is an interactive map of the final project which will include a golf course,mini tuscany(complete with canals and gondolas), and an indoor park (150 acres with grass, trees etc. inside a dome). It was really interesting.
Tonight we will pack up, relax and get ready for our 6:30am flight to JFK. Maybe I will figure out how to attach a picture to this blog.
Keep us in your prayers....that we walk in favor wherever we go and that God is preparing our path before us.

3 comments:

Val :) said...

I will continue to keep you in my prayers - reading your blog is amazing and such a blessing to read how strong your faith is.
God Speed!!!

The Rovda Family said...

trevor,
i will talk to you maybe over the weekend on the blog.
alex rovda

pammie said...

SUE,D AND T YOU ALL ARE AMAZING PEOPLE AND I KNOW YOU WILL BE WITH C SOONER THEN YOU RELIZE,I HAVE FAITH AND ALL THE TRUST IN OUR WONDERFUL GOD.
CANT WAIT TO SEE YA ALL.
GOD BLESS YOU

LOVE,PAM